Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hamlet: Alcatraz Edition

Yesterday, I was fortunate enough to attend a sold out Dartmouth Alumni event featuring a jaw-dropping performance of Hamlet on the infamous island of Alcatraz in San Francisco.  The island presented an excellent atmosphere for the play, and having been my first visit to Alcatraz, I couldn't have asked for a better first time.  The actors were amazingly talented, the scenery was gorgeous, and the experience was priceless.

As a special group, we were able to enter restricted areas not open to the general public! Well, here are just a sample of many photos I took (too many to upload).  Enjoy!

**Man, once again the colors are so washed out...I hope this is just my screen and not what everyone sees!**

Disaccord


Fly


Lecture


The Bay


Alcatraz


SF Bay


Divine


Imprisoned


Evening Stroll


Love


Ruins


Golden


Surrounded


Abandoned


Seaching For Love


Disappointment


What To Do?


Development


3 comments:

  1. I really like Golden, Evening Stroll, and Searching for Love. I like how the light plays in each of them, and how you were able to capture that. Also, the reflection in the mirror is really crisp which is contrasted by the soft edges of the light in the window. Adds some surreal to it, I think.

    Question: was the bit of lens flare in Evening Stroll intentional?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Thomas: definitely not haha. I would actually have preferred it not be there. I think the image would be much "cleaner" if it weren't. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice honey! i especially like "Divine." although i'm personally getting confused about which title is for which picture - i keep thinking that the title refers to the picture ABOVE it, not below it. confusing!!

    ReplyDelete