Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Birds, Birds, Birds

Our house has a front door lamp hanging right above our entrance, and on top of that is a little nest made of clay and grass.  Living up there are two little swallows.  After washing my car today, I was walking up to the front door and low and behold, there were THREE of them! I was really confused at this point but soon realized that they were the chicks! Literally ten seconds after I saw them, mama swallow swooped in to feed them.  Seeing this, I HAD to grab my camera and snap a few shots.  While waiting for mama swallow to swoop back in for second time, a hummingbird flew into our garden to drink some nectar.  Again, I could not miss this opportunity and managed to snag a couple photos of the bugger.  So all thanks to the three little fellows waiting to be fed, I managed to pull of a small birdie photoshoot.  Enjoy!


The guys who started it all.











Hummingbird Break.




Back to the Swallows






The one who made it all possible.

5 comments:

  1. lolll i like how all the baby birds have their mouths WIDE open.. very cute honey! you captured a beautiful moment in nature

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the last one of the lone bird with the repetitive shingles in the background.

    This is Thomas, btw.

    ReplyDelete