Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Bamboo Garden

It's been a while since my last post in December, but I believe I have some images to make up for the lost time.  Today, as I was waiting for my next class, I decided to trek down to a bamboo garden the local community college had grown for the Japanese department.  With the sun JUST setting behind the mountains, a pocket of golden light radiated through the forest.  I couldn't let this opportunity escape.  Having spent a little over an hour losing myself in the beauty of this forest, I decided on a few favorites of the many photographs I snapped.

The idea behind this set was to create a peaceful, Japanese atmosphere in an American setting.  Did you feel more relaxed after viewing the photos? Let me know what you think!






























4 comments:

  1. BEAUTIFUL! I really like the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really hard to get that perfect picture of bamboo! I tried really hard in Japan and Chile, but was just never satisfied...

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i just went to the hakone garden in saratoga and it looked just like this. beautiful sunlight. nice pics brah. i should have called you when i was out there, you and my mom could have photo'd it up at them japanese gardens

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU WERE IN SARATOGA AND YOU DIDN'T CALL!? *sad face*

    ReplyDelete